What is FICE?
FICE is Focused Intensive Care Echocardiography.
It is an approved, national accreditation that recognises important echocardiography skills for Intensive Care clinician.
The accreditation is co-administered between the Intensive Care Society, the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine and the British Society of Echocardiographers. It involves a training day followed by 50 supervised echo procedures (10 directly observed and 40 indirectly observed).
More details can be found at http://www.ics.ac.uk/ICS/fice.aspx.
Who runs FICE courses in Wessex?
Southampton and Bournemouth run regular FICE approved courses. These will be added regularly to the WICS courses system.
Who is a FICE mentor in Wessex?
Below is a list of FICE approved mentors who can assist with local supervision of training logs. For the most up to date list, search the FICE database: http://www.ics.ac.uk/ics/directories/fice_mentors.aspx.
- Richard Clinton (Intensivist)
- Jonathan Coates (Intensivist)
- Jodie Green (Cardiac Physiologist)
- Emma Lane (Cardiac Physiologist)
- Helen Peet (Intensivist)
- Charlotte Allen (Cardiac Intensivist)
- Nick Goddard (Cardiac Intensivist & Wessex FICE Lead)
- Benoh Shah (Cardiologist)
- Anthony Ashton (Intensivist)
- Christine Chase (Cardiac Physiologist)
- Nigel Chee (Intensivist)
- Katie Martin (Cardiac Physiologist)
- Amy Pine (Cardiac Physiologist)
- Iryna Stewart (Cardiac Physiologist)
- Chris Steadman (Cardiologist)